Owasso Strong Neighborhood Initiative (OSNI) hosted its 6th bi-annual
Owasso CARES Day of Service on April 27, 2013.
This past Saturday was our most successful OSNI-Owasso CARES Day of Service so we wanted to share the results with everyone.
The Day of Service focused in the following neighborhoods and areas:
- Ator Heights
- El Rio Vista
- Honey Creek
- Kelly Ann
- Caudle Estates
- Pond area between Mid-High School & Central Park
- Main Street Business District
Results from the event:
- 157 Volunteers on Saturday, April 27th
- 11 Volunteers distributed 1,150 door-door flyers in the neighborhoods prior to the event on Saturday, April 20th
- 421 combined Volunteer hours
- 3 30-yard dumpsters and 1 11-yard dumpster of debris hauled off plus 2 truck-loads of yardwaste debris to the Owasso Recycle Center
- Volunteers assisted a number of residents with placing items in dumpsters
- 15+ households helped with volunteers picking up and hauling items to dumpsters for residents
- 118 fire hydrants painted (2.5 times more fire hydrants than any previous event)
- Cleaned out debris left from ice storm in an area between Ator Heights neighborhood and Bailey Ranch Golf
- Picked up trash/debris along 100+ city blocks and stormwater drainage areas
- Major clean-up of the 5 main streets entering Ator Heights neighborhood
- Planted new plants in pots and cleaned out landscape beds along Main Street Business area
- Clean up efforts around pond area between Mid-High School & Central Park neighborhood
All of this happened despite weather not providing ideal work conditions.
We received news coverage from KTUL-Channel 8 as the lead story at both 6:00 & 10:00 pm news cast on Saturday night.
Next scheduled event will be Saturday, September 21st.
Plan now to join us! It would be awesome to have more neighborhood teams of volunteers!
City of Owasso
111 N Main, Owasso, OK 74055
"Building Relationships Today For Stronger Neighborhoods Tomorrow"